We hope you’re now feeling a bit more settled in your new city and that you’ve had an amazing first half of Semester 1.
It may seem early (and it is!), but it’s around this time of year that you may start hearing whispers about finding a house for next year, and with that, often comes pressure from landlords about “all the good houses going early“.
As a not-for-profit, values focused charity, our aim is to:
How do we put this into practice?
- Firstly, all of our advice services to students are free,
- The Unipol website provides both quick tips and in-depth information for students and landlords,
- The Unipol accreditation schemes (the Codes) promote landlords who commit themselves to delivering a high standard of student living,
- We are the landlord for over 3,000 students who we house on a not-for-profit basis,
- There are no fees or hidden charges on any of our contracts,
- Our housing revenue subsidises housing for students with dependents (normally families). It also helps to maintain a range of low-cost accommodation, supports investment in higher quality properties, and helps us to continually invest in sustainability by reducing our carbon footprint.