The most obvious reason for choosing to live in halls of residence covered by the National Code is that it provides reassurance throughout your time at uni.
- Your accommodation will be safe and well managed
- There’s a procedure in place if you need to complain.
All accommodation providers covered by the Code have voluntarily agreed to comply with a set of standards that relate to both the physical condition and the management of the buildings.
This means that as a student you can expect your building to:
- Meet or exceed the local authorities’ fire safety requirements,
- Contain sufficient bathroom and kitchen facilities,
- Ensure repairs are completed within agreed timescales,
- Give you advance notification if managers need to access rooms and/or flats,
- Have managers and staff who act in a professional and helpful manner at all times,