If you’re staying in Leeds over the summer and wanting to do something worthwhile with your time, why not volunteer and not only build up your CV, but also help the community, expand your social circle and feel rewarded for doing good?
It gives you the chance to:
- learn new skills and develop new interests
- gain experience and undertake training
- meet people
- help and support people
- be involved in something worthwhile
- feel good about yourself
- contribute to your local community.
There are lots of opportunities in Leeds which can be found through your Students’ Union, University, Leeds City Council, or just by dropping into different organisations you’re interested in.
Doing Good Leeds is also a great website run by the Volunteer Centre which allows you to find and be matched with volunteering opportunities suitable for you. You could volunteer to help and work with: the environment, older people or children and youth, sport, women’s groups, arts, disability groups, advice services and helplines and much more.
Below are some more links to other ways in which you can take part:
- University of Leeds Students’ Union
- Leeds Beckett Students’ Union
- The Leeds Teaching Hospitals
- Leeds City Council
- Environmental Volunteering